The European Finance Hub is a part of the GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region and also global functions. Financial centers in Costa Rica & Malaysia also support Americas, Asia and Australia.
Our regional finance hubs are centres of expertise, working together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (GR CoE) brings together a team of experienced & dynamic management reporting, SAP BI subject matter experts and BI development professionals. We deliver engaging, efficient & insightful reporting and analysis solutions based on the rich and diverse data set available through GSK’s global deployment of SAP.
We are looking to recruit a SAP BW Subject Matter Expert (SME) role to support the BI Development & Operations manager by delivering back-end innovations using SAP BW. The GRCoE team have developed a diverse and sophisticated portfolio of reports, including novel SAP Lumira, SAP Business Explorer, Power BI and Excel (Analysis for Office) reports and dashboards. Excellent SAP BI query design underpins our reporting portfolio, guaranteeing a robust, accurate, efficient and insightful reporting platform. This is a role that requires substantial technical expertise alongside the ability to collaborate with our functional BI SMEs & 1st line support to understand business purpose & requirements and to identify & implement optimal reporting solutions.
How you will contribute to our success:
- Support the BI Development & Operations manager by delivering back-end innovations using SAP BW
- Analyse report demand, generate BW query prototypes and present this back to BI SME’s and the business following specific requests. Support the collection, collation and cataloguing of BI data requirements, metrics and KPIs across all functional streams
- Define the necessary underlying SAP Business Warehouse back-end structures including BEX queries to enable Lumira front-end reporting
- Provide technical and governance assistance in the implementation and steady state operations of the permanent LSA and LSA++ objects and BW queries used by Lumira Reports in the production environment
- Engage with Tech teams to implement necessary production back-end BW changes
- Provide peer-reviews of changes implemented by Tech teams
- Develop and maintain supporting technical BW query documentation and back-end design
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance in the implementation of strategic CERPs BI aims
- Support functional BI SMEs in report reconciliation and alignment
- Conduct technical KT sessions
- Support continual improvement of Lumira and Business Objects Front-end Usability by providing the necessary back-end queries or back-end BW designs.
Ideally, we are looking for a Finance/BI reporting professional with the below:
- Information technology qualification or equivalent training and experience
- Business Information System design experience, ideally in core financial reporting
- Experience of management reporting, financial planning and SAP reporting tools (ideally including Lumira and Business Explorer)
- Ability to debug ABAP code and propose solutions (data staging and BEx variables)
- Track record of building stakeholder relationships in a global, cross-functional context
- Ability to work independently & manage multiple priorities
- Fluent spoken and written English.
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency.