Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
- As a seasoned professional, conducts analyses and develops communication and marketing programs related to implementation and administration of compliance, technology, technical, and professional skills learning programs for the Bank. Under minimal oversight from more experienced staff, plans and executes marketing and communication program activities. May support experienced team members on special project activities. Collaborates with HR colleagues on effective application and consistent interpretation of global programs.
- Consults with and advises HR business partners to promote quality and consistency of program implementation and administration. Provides input for global HR program calendar, focusing on planning for the marketing, promotion, and communication of learning programs. Conducts analyses on communication and marketing program effectiveness, reporting to department leaders on results. Provides input on documentation of programs, curriculum, and outcome objectives. Provides oversight and guidance to less experienced staff on marketing and communication methodologies and delivery techniques. Serves as a technical resource in cross-functional learning program development initiatives.
- Provides consistent, overall messages about the L&D function to the entire organization and specific business groups to increase the perceived value of learning, including the purpose and priority, and engage the organization in the learning process. Ensures an engaging and consistent learner experience across the organization.
- Responsible for branding the learning function within the organization to ensure the look and feel, identity, and overall learner experience are consistent and on message. Clearly communicates L&D’s purpose and priorities to the organization
- Provides communication expertise and support for high-profile presentations and other written communications. Educates and counsels other team members on communications best practices, proofreads and edits others’ work, and takes full end-to-end ownership of all marketing and communications duties for specific learning programs.
- May liaise with a vendor or third-party partner delivering compliance, technical skills, professional skills or technology-related technology or services, ensuring quality service and delivery. Participates in special projects related to new or existing business objectives requiring learning program development by providing business requirements or direction for program communication, marketing, and promotion design and delivery approach.
- No direct reports. May provide program guidance to peers or less experienced employees. Bachelor’s degree in organization development, psychology, marketing, communications, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced degree preferred. 5-7 years of total work experience is preferred. Prior experience in organization and management development, marketing, communications, risk or compliance preferred.
- Mastery of English-language written communication required.
- Demonstrable proficiency in marketing and promotion of intangible products and services required. Experience marketing learning solutions is a plus.
- Communications and marketing professional with relevant experience in Talent / HR internal and external communications
- Strong knowledge of internal / external communications and marketing strategic practices including the use of social media
- Ability to think strategically, connect the dots, and create a cohesive message across all media, learning methods, technologies, etc.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and with leadership
- Strong English-language writing and editing skills
- Superlative project management skills
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies and approaches both internally and externally