BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The main aim of the accountants/analysts in the OTC Derivatives Support Team is to of understand the terms of all derivatives contracts and to accurately record these products on BNY Mellon accounting system. It involves capturing the trades but also monitoring the life cycle of the derivatives: ensuring rates are updated, cash settlements are reconciled to BNY Mellon Custody and positions are reconciled to counterparties. The team is also responsible for the investigation and resolution of all derivative breaks and queries through communication with custody, client and counterparty.
As a skilled Lead Representative in the OTC Derivatives Support Team you will play a vital role helping us to automate the processes the team is performing daily and to provide the support to the existing tools/applications we are using. Key aspects of the role include:
- Building knowledge of the OTC Derivatives Support Team processes (trade capture, broker reconciliation, lifecycle management);
- Develop an understanding of all the technical functions and processes in the team;
- Working on the new functionalities/tools being created/introduced to the team by being involved in their configuration, mapping and their adjustment to the team processes;
- Providing support for legacy tools/applications by being the first line support, investigating issues and providing resolutions;
- Strive to improve standards within the team; adopt questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible;
- When working on projects, effectively communicating progress to colleagues and management at all levels;
- Provide trainings to the team if new tools/functionalities are being introduced to make sure the knowledge is spread across the team.
- University Degree;
- 2+ years of corporate experience, preferably in IT or finance related areas;
- Very confident computer user, comfortable learning new tools and programmes quickly;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office programmes and an interest in enhancing these skills further;
- VBA knowledge will be an asset;
- Xceptor knowledge will be an advantage;
- A results orientated individual who has a logical and analytical method of working;
- Ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives;
- Ability to work on own initiative/project when required, as well as in the team;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, reliable, well organised.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)