Accounting Specialist PTP (Portuguese speaker)
What we offer you:
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role - you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you’ll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
- Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses - global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
- Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
Scope of Duties:
- Minimize the volume of the documents to be processed manually (reduced rate of exceptions)
- Perform document indexing/OCR data completion
- Perform validation of the documents according to client business requirements
- Handle exceptions in the process
- Manage of invoice rejection
- Process AP documents according to the procedure agreed with the client
- Ensure processing invoices according to the agreed targets
- Perform accounting for prepayments
- Communicate effectively and timely to resolve issues
- Contribute to group success of meeting and/or exceeding operational metrics
Accounts Payable Team Member works on rule-based decision making and performs transaction booking in the area of invoice processing according to agreed process maps, Desktop Procedures, and other guidelines agreed with the client. Team member in Purchase to Pay department interacts with vendors, clients, third-party providers. Seeks and exchanges information, ideas, and concepts to actively support any Continuous Improvement initiatives or other process or tools improvements. Is responsible for the completion of enhancements established by Delivery Excellence. Ensures that the daily activities, both individual and backup, are fulfilled according to the timetable, procedures, and business goals agreed with the team leader. Prioritizes work and executes it based on importance and impact. Ensures achievement of AP targets as defined by Team Leader, Manager, and contractual SLAs. Actively recommends improvements to existing procedures and processes. Quickly reacts to processing errors raised by client/vendor, errors correction, and improvements based on lessons learned. Knows and obeys all internal IBM procedures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent communication skills, including full working knowledge of written and spoken English and Portuguese
- BA/BS degree (or relevant skills / equivalent experience)
- Minimum 12 months relevant work experience in a corporate environment
- Soft skills including proven ability to turn frustrated customers into happy customers and communicate to employees at all levels within the organization
- Experience working with finance or accounting-related products
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively multitask and work independently
- Experience with Google Docs suite of products
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.