BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
The BNY FATCA team in Poland works on daily basis to ensure effective and efficient compliance with both FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and CRS Common Reporting Standard.
Team monitors accounts in the documentation system and validates the received documentation. In addition, they are responsible for receiving, acknowledging and archiving related tax documents as per procedure. Annually the team prepares reports to local Tax Authorities listing clients’ reportable accounts according to FATCA & CRS regulations.
- Ongoing FATCA and CRS documentation screening (newly onboarded and existing clientele)
- Ongoing monitoring of FATCA and CRS related changes in circumstances (existing clientele)
- Ongoing customer contact relating to missing incomplete documentation (newly onboarded and existing clientele)
- Produce reporting to local Tax Authorities as per scheduled deadlines
- Contribute to compilation of periodic department status reports
- Remain up to date with respect to the latest tax regulations. Leverage internal and external sources of information as appropriate.
- Ensure that relevant databases and client files remain up to date.
- Play an active role in developing and documenting procedures and ensuring they remain current.
Being part of our FATCA team your day-to-day tasks will be related, but not limited to:
- Support our internal clients
- Review of investor’s documents (application forms, self-certification forms, tax forms, entity registry forms etc.)
- Confirm investor`s documents compliance with FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and/or CRS (Common Reporting Standard) requirements for yearly reporting
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Risk Management – escalation to Supervisor/Manager in case of operational risk occurrence
- Ensure that relevant databases and client files remain up to date
- Play an active role in developing and documenting procedures and ensuring they remain current
- Periodically review clients reports or internal reports, identify inaccuracies and act to resolve them
If you like:
- Working in a group
- Practicing your English
- Developing your Excel skills
- Developing your analytical skills
- Working in dynamic work environment with exposure to deadlines
We are waiting for you!
- A minimum of 1 year work experience
- University Degree, preferably in a related area
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Good Excel literacy
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Background in tax area is an additional asset
- Ability to work under pressure while consistently meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with data consistency and correctness
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Pro-active and highly motivated – goal orientated and driven to find resolution of problems
- Ability to adapt to change
- Proactive in self-training
- Participation in projects & students organizations are additional asset
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.