This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
There hasn’t been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that’s building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment. From day one, you'll have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world. This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
The Billing Team Lead is responsible for providing leadership and managing the Billing processes for the customers of a specific sales channel supported by the regional SSC. Responsibilities also include formal relationship management with the business stakeholders, GPOs and other GBS functions in addition to management of the specialist team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate a team of Billing Specialists.
- Mentor Billing Specialists and provide guidance on billing and dispute management methods applicable.
- Formal relationship management with various business stakeholders at GBS, Corporate and Local BU level.
- Enforce billing policies and procedures, ensuring all team members are aware and compliant.
- Drive billing standardization and process improvement activities to reduce complexity, eliminate errors and improve customer experience.
- Facilitate the resolution of unresolved Disputes by escalating through the management chain according to the standard escalation processes and procedures.
- Support the reporting activities as required by Global C2C Analytics team and provide additional details on results, issues, and proposed solutions.
- Set and achieve performance targets.
- Assist staff in identifying, defining, and implementing process improvements.
- Identify and present solutions for continuous process improvements to Global Process Owners and support staff in this process as well.
- Partner with Global Process Owners, AR Team Leads and Local BUs to implement process and technology improvements to reduce billing errors and related disputes.
- Oversee Customer Disputes assigned for resolution to the billing team, monitor time to resolve and report out dispute trend analysis.
- Drive Dispute owners toward identifying and implementing root cause analysis and solutions (for process, customer, employee and financial value profiles).
- Keep up to date with Billing best practices and technology improvements and identify opportunities to implement those.
- Responsible for staff training and education in collaboration with the internal training team.
- Understand staffing skill sets to complete tasks.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to team members.
- Prepare / support training programs for employees.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar work experience.
- 5+ years experience in SSC or similar managerial role.
- Proven track record in Billing process management and improvements.
- Functional knowledge of the accounts receivable and dispute management processes.
- Proficient in using JDE and C2C Technology preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite.
- High level ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Excellent customer communication skills with high proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
- Adaptable to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to interview, hire, train, and develop employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Permanent contract (after 3 months probation period + 1 year extension period),
- Competitive salary in a diverse and multinational environment,
- Possibilities for development on personal and professional level,
- Package of benefits including Private medical care (Lux Med), Life Insurance, Multisport card or PPE program with very attractive conditions available for each employee after 6 months.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.