BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Legal Agreement Repository (LAR) is an enterprise utility built with Machine Learning Artificial Intelligent software planform. Built for the purpose of adhering with regulatory requirements (FR SR14-1, BRRD) for reporting on BNY Mellon Material Entities’ legal agreement information and designed to be leverage for business use-cases.
Team maintains a repository of contracts and key data extracted from these contracts for regulatory/business requirements and works closely with colleagues in Pittsburgh (Operations), as well as our Legal and Technology teams and global business partners.
You would be responsible for ensuring proper risk culture and control environments are set and followed and that documentation submitted to regulators is accurate and meets regulatory requirements. Tasks:
- Develop, implement and execute processes, procedures and controls that maintain the accuracy of data being reported.
- Develop plans and programs that help automate the regulatory reporting process and limit control gaps.
- Communicate the importance of maintaining the appropriate risk culture in communication with staff and management throughout the organization.
- Ensure consistency with regulatory requirements throughout the reporting process.
- Engage in analysis of data in reporting systems to identify control gaps and develop the necessary programs to address them.
- Leads complex projects in support of new or evolving processes / products or for initiatives with cross-functional or enterprise-wide impact.
- Develop the validation processes for data, including assessment and monitoring of data quality issues.
- Oversee data cleansing / remediation activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Manage long-standing strategic relationships with a wide range of stakeholders that represent multiple business units. Works with stakeholders to ensure their understanding of and support for regulatory reporting goals and compliance with regulatory reporting implementation.
- Support and provide advisory services related to the Legal Agreements Repository
- Interact with technology and business representatives to support the end-to-end process,
- Take responsibility for identifying and reaching resolution of document and data defects with technology and business involvement,
- Participate in projects to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the process,
- Interact closely with Lead Documentation Specialist, Review team, and Legal team members to ensure operation efficiencies and data quality standards are met.
- University degree (business/ finance/ economy/ technology-related degrees are desirable but not essential),
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry (regulatory reporting) preferred,
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel),
- Fluent English spoken and written,
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams,
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work to tight timelines and quality standards,
- Experience in positions connected with project coordination’s,
- Experience with VBA would be an asset,
- Basic SQL knowledge would be an asset,
- Experience in positions connected with databases would be an asset,
- An interest in financial services
- The contract is task-based and will require attending late meetings (US working time) from time to time
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements,
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program,
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs,
- Pension scheme,
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme,
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility,
- Diverse and inclusive environment,
- Employee Referral Program,
- Recognition programmes,
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).