Join the team that is engineering focused and committed to provide a highly client-centric, public- and private-cloud-based data management solution.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is looking for a passionate developer to help in designing and building next generation Data management platform. As a senior software engineer in Vault team, you will work on solving some of the interesting and complex problems faced by fintech companies on managing their data and making it seamlessly available to their end customers.
The role requires you to be a self-starter who enjoy working with smart engineers and business teams and solve some complex problems like building a multi-tenant system that is capable of securely ingesting data from different data sources both real time and batch mode without compromising on the scaling capabilities.
What You Will Do
- Own the code. You will be entrusted to bring forth unique/innovative solutions to challenging problems and own them from ideation through implementation.
- Work with Product Management, User Experience and clients to understand requirements and drive feature development
- Within an Agile environment, own the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of API services written primarily in Python with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in Azure.
- Care about agility and scalability – we work in a CI/CD environment and roll out products very quickly and we are building teams that can pivot quickly.
- Work with your team on design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with BNY Mellon’s engineering strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering leads across the Data and Analytics solutions to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality as well as enhancements
You will be Successful If You:
- Strong technical credentials and deep hands-on technical expertise building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to the customers.
- Design code that can be changed/refactored easily. This includes not only a design that allows for it but the unit tests to prove nothing will break
- Have experience in multiple languages and can articulate what you like/don’t like about them
- Have experience with distributed and big data computing technologies and Platforms
- Understand the importance of tests and CI/CD pipelines, SaaS technologies, and public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS.
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon’s 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world’s largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients—it’s one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission—making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency.