For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Reconciliation Team manages the entire reconcilement process for the AIS Fund Accounting Teams by ensuring all general ledger and broker accounts' are matched and all breaks are identified.
Reconciliation team day-to-day responsibilities are:
- Preparing cash, custody & total equity reconciliation for existing Clients;
- Monitoring of Clients' portfolios to identify new activity;
- Obtaining reporting for reconciliation processes;
- Launching new funds into reconciliation purposes.
The Team works on multiple systems and various PB portals.
On a daily basis, Reconciliation Team strongly cooperates with other locations - Ireland, India and USA.
You will be responsible for managing day to day processes related to account reconciliation. You will act as the point of contact for internal client queries, ensuring the timely resolution of all client issues. You will have a chance to learn about and cooperate with market participants, understand a wide range of financial products include, but not limited to; equities, options, contracts for difference (CFD’s), equity swaps, repurchase agreements, warrants, futures, forward contracts, bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Support our internal clients
- Support fund valuation
- Data investigation using information from different vendors
- Providing training to new joiners and share knowledge with less experienced staff
- Participation in testing
- Participation in cross training
- Participation in job shadowing
- Participation in team presentations
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Participation in key controls creation
- Risk Management – escalation to Supervisor/Manager in case of operational risk occurrence
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an finance related discipline
- Good Excel literacy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Ability to work under time pressure and deadlines
- Attention to details
- Analytical thinking
- Able to resolve issues independently
- Participation in projects & students organizations are additional asset
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)