- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- The role is client facing so the employee will require strong communication skill and should be highly articulate with a strong appreciation of client service
- Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
- Good working knowledge of product flows and systems, including OTC derivatives, cleared business, prime brokerage and intercompany processes
- Prior experience with the collateral management functions, systems, flows, products and client base
- Evidence of experience working within Financial Services with exposure to Over the Counter Derivatives.
- Languages will be beneficial as the Analyst will be interacting with clients from across Europe
Your future role
An employee within MCVO will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of a number of operational processes. They will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, they will also be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
The role will involve close interaction with a wide range of areas of the bank including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Controllers, Middle Office, Client Representatives, Central Clearing Services and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
We promote cross training and ensure our employees develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out. You can expect to be given early responsibility and in return you will be expected to contribute your own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
Some specific set of responsibilities are
- Extensive external interaction (With Clients, Vendors and Central Clearing counterparties[CCPs] )
- Communicate and Escalate issues internally and externally
- Liaise with clients and internal counterparts in order to track and resolve position discrepancies, breaks and disputes Define go live timelines and expectations
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes
- Risk management and day to day functional responsibilities with respect to team’s daily operations and regulatory compliance
- Review and enhance current processes to realize efficiencies and to better manage embedded risk
In addition to their core responsibilities, employees are also expected and encouraged to be involved with a number of projects.
What we offer
- exposure to interesting advisory projects
- rapid knowledge development thanks to on-the-job trainings related to the area of expertise
- opportunity to be a part of global work-streams and cross-country projects
- attractive customized learning portfolio (professional designations and international certificates)
- continuous professional grow and clear career path
- friendly work atmosphere and staff parties
- valuable relations for life: industry network & references from recognized professionals