- Top class university student or graduate (majors: finance, management, economics, but not only…);
- Substantial extracurricular activity: internships, students organizations or charity & fundraising initiatives;
- Critical and strategic thinking with analytical mindset and ability to solve complex problems, defend own point of view, but also flexibility and openness to change own mind if compelling counterarguments arise;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English and Polish;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint (more advanced analytical tools would be an advantage);
- Prior experience in one of the target sectors (banking, insurance, other financial institutions, M&A) would be an advantage;
- Availability - at least 4 days per week.
Sounds like you? Have courage and apply!
Your future role
Here’s a sample of what you can experience:
- You will be working side by side with the team and taking charge of a distinct aspect of the projects; That is why your strong engagement and commitment to excellence is crucial for us.
- You will prepare materials to achieve project goals, including gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses and finally translating your analyses into strategic directions. Yes, we use content prepared by you and that is why your Excel, Power Point and analytical skills are important.
- You will have an opportunity to present your findings to team members and client stakeholders, assist in implementation of your recommendations. That is why your interpersonal and communication skills are essential too.
- You will work with different teams across our and client organization, including strategy, technology and design representatives. You will have a chance to gain experience and excel in each of these fields – that is why your ability to work effectively with people in all functional areas in the organization is relevant.
What we offer
As a Strategy intern, you will have an opportunity for a hands-on consulting experience leveraged by fast career growth. During day-to-day work you will develop your skills under frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues who sit right next to you and are happy to share their expert knowledge and give guidance to your work.
While working, maybe you might want to attend some classes at uni – it’s not a problem for us! We offer flexible working hours and remote work that enables you to combine studies and work.
About the team
As a leading global Strategic Advisor, we support our clients to be successful in the long run. Strategy Team in Deloitte Consulting specializes in strategic advisory projects for clients in the fields of Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Customer & Marketing Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Innovation and Digital Strategy for financial institutions (i.e. mostly banks, insurers, leasing companies and financial intermediaries). Our clients come mostly from Poland and Central Europe, yet we happen to work also in other parts of the globe (e.g. Western Europe, Americas and Asia).
Together with CEOs, C-level Business Unit Heads and senior executives we jointly develop visions, define “where to play” and decide “how to win”. However our job does not stop at strategy phase as we care about change. Therefore we increaslingly often support our clients in implementation of jointly designed solutions. We undertake tasks to help our client fully leverage market opportunities, unleash market potential, build core capabilities in order to create a lasting competitive edge.
Our competences and scope of services also include business modeling and M&A strategy evaluation. In the face of current disruptive market trends, we make sure that our clients understand which companies represent attractive investment opportunities and how to deliver assumed synergy levels post transaction.
We often support digital strategy and implementation projects by combining Deloitte’s globally recognized strengths in strategic business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class consulting firm. Similar to business unit strategy assignments we not only support our clients in defining a bold digital strategy but also assist them in implementation.
I stage - we will carefully read your resume
II stage - you will be asked to complete analytical, verbal and English online tests
III stage – you we be invited for online HR interview
IV stage: you will be invited for Hiring Manager 2-3 interviews with Managers/Directors/Partners (case interviews)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest you prepare and practice case study methodology as a main task during interviews. There is a link to our website, which can be helpful in prepartion to interview: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/join-deloitte-careers-case-interview-tips.html
We also suggest you to do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Moreover we advise you to brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor.