For our fast growing Cloud Engineering practice in Central Europe we are looking for data engineer where primary goals are conducting R&D tasks, design data models, prepare solution architecture, implementing data models, data flow pipelines (batch & streaming) in Azure cloud which is part of larger transformation programs for large client from Insurance industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, person with hands-on experience in data projects, in Azure cloud space. Project scope is to implement modern data platform based on Data Mesh concept. The whole implementation is in Azure with streaming data processing in Kafka and Azure Databricks.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- At least 3-5 years of experience in on-premise BI/Big Data class solutions or 3 years of experience of working in the Azure cloud environment dealing with data analytics
- Knowledge of SQL (any dialect, T-SQL, PL/SQL...)
- Knowledge of Scala or Python
- Advanced understanding of most of the listed concepts from the field of relational databases, data warehouses, analytical bases (OLTP/OLAP), BigData, data processing and transformation processes (ETL/ELT)
- Experience in some of Azure services like Azure SQL Database, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, PowerBI
- Problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Knowledge of English in speaking and writing
- Willingness to develop in the field of public cloud
Moreover, the following will be an advantage:
- Cloud certifications in the data area in Azure:
- Azure Fundamentals
- Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Experience with data streaming (Databricks Structured Streaming, Kafka)
- Understanding of Data Mesh concept
Your future role
This role is for motivated person who had hands-on expirience with data projects and would like to develop own career in data domain.
Here’s a sample of what you can experience:
- Proposing solution architecture based on cloud solutions
- Develop data-related solutions (i.e. BigData, Modern Data Warehouse, Data Warehouse Modernization, Data Analytics) based on the cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Streaming data processing
- Develop solutions in selected specializations in the area of data transformation (ETL / ELT), advanced analytics (OLAP) and reports
- Develop Data Governance solutions (Data Quality, Master Data Management, Metadata Management etc.)
- Support the process of implementing changes into the existing software
- Participate in the planning and tasks estimation process
- Cooperate with an external client with respect to analysis and performance of indicated tasks
- Communicate with an external client
- Desire for intensive development in the field of cloud technologies with a focus on data analytics
What we offer
- Working from office or home office – what you prefer
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent employment or contract
- Medical and health insurance
- Multisport and other lifestyle benefits
- Language courses
- A development path to fit your needs
- Friendly coworkers & team spirit
- Wide variety of projects
- Multiple geographies and clients
- Work for well-known brands
- Exposure to trailblazing business and technology projects
- A place in the first line of a digital transformation
- Everyday opportunities to influence how and where we do our business
About the team
Digital team combines globally recognized strength in business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class consulting firm.
At Deloitte, we have passion helping our clients starting from building strategies through implementation and operation of solutions to help our clients solve their complex and interesting business problems.
Our Cloud Engineering teams design and deliver interesting cloud projects for clients in Poland and abroad in areas of cloud development, DevOps, integration, migration, data management, infrastructure and others. We help our clients to strategize, design and implement and migrate solutions with use of modern cloud technologies.