Required professional background and skills:
- University degree in Actuarial Science, Quantitative Finance / Mathematics, Economics or related,
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills,
- Creativity and analytical thinking to solve complex problems,
- Team player with a flexible working style,
- Willingness to travel (post-COVID) during the engagements across Europe (Germany, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic).
We consider as an advantage:
- Candidates would ideally have exposure to one or more of IFRS 4, IFRS 17, Solvency II or experience in either life or non-life insurance,
- Basic German skills,
- Excellent skills in MS Office, with emphasis on Excel,
- Programming skills (VBA, C++, R) as well as exposure to actuarial software (Prophet, Addactis, etc.) will be an asset.
Your future role
Our growing international actuarial team is looking for new colleagues to join the projects in Poland and abroad who will:
- Actively contribute to a wide range of actuarial consulting projects for life and non-life insurance companies as well as pension funds,
- Work in a multinational and multicultural actuarial in such countries as Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania, Germany, Austria as well as France and the UK,
- Develop, implement and review actuarial models for IFRS 17, Solvency II and other purposes in Prophet and other systems,
- Prophet / Prophet ALS implementation and coding work,
- Review reserving methodologies and results, as well as Solvency II capital requirements calculations for both, life and non-life insurance companies,
- Develop insurance pricing models in R, Python or other software,
- Write reports and prepare presentations,
- Manage junior resources as part of larger projects, provide on-the-job training and coaching,
- Work with clients, including dealing with queries, attending meetings and working on client sites.
What we offer
- An amazing view of Warsaw from the 25th floor of the modern Q22 office, or a sea view from Deloitte Gdańsk office, combined with a flexibility of a remote work from home :)
- A unique opportunity to develop your insurance business understanding with focus on the key actuarial processes and techniques through participation in local and international projects,
- Working on client engagements across Europe, in multinational and multicultural teams, with the English language use on a daily basis,
- Usually long-term utilization in one project instead of several smaller engagements in parallel,
- Deeper understanding and every-day usage of actuarial software (Prophet, CROS, SQL, SPSS, R, VBA, Tableau, Python, etc.),
- Continuous training and career development opportunities while learning from a wide range of top professionals,
- Friendly team atmosphere and coaching,
- Cooperation with different teams in Deloitte including Audit & Assurance, Tax & Legal, Financial Advisory, Consulting, Digital (Strategy & Operations, HR Transformation, Technology and other),
- Opportunity for on-job travels to a number of countries, e.g. Germany, Austria, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Romania, Turkey, Cyprus, etc.,
- Access to the state-of-the-art actuarial tools and systems,
- Opportunities to participate in innovative projects, such as "digitalization and disruption in insurance", actuarial modelling, Solvency II, IFRS 17 implementation,
- Rapid knowledge development thanks to on-the-job trainings related to the area of an expertise and a number of actuarial trainings and conferences in Poland and abroad;
- Unlimited personal development opportunities (soft skills, project management trainings, foreign language courses, incl. German etc.),
- Valuable relations for life: industry network & references from recognized professionals.
About the team
Deloitte Central Europe Actuarial & Insurance Solutions (AIS) team operates in number of Central European countries, also supporting projects in Easter, Western Europe and the Middle East. It is one of the largest group of insurance consulting actuaries, recognized as the sector leader throughout Central Europe. The Team provides a range of professional actuarial and financial risk management services for the insurance sector and other financial institutions.
Services provided by AIS:
- Life and non-life actuarial modelling and review of calculations and methodologies (Solvency II, MCEV, local GAAP, IFRS 4, IFRS 17),
- Life and non-life reserving, pricing, new products profit testing,
- Finance transformation projects: impact assessment, calculation and reporting processes automation, Prophet modelling enhancements, robotic process automation, etc.,
- Actuarial support: audits, M&A, Due Diligence,
- Data mining and predictive analytics.