BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented “Team Lead, Reconciliation” to join our team in Wroclaw. As “Team Lead, Reconciliation” you are responsible for supervising a team within the Reconciliation function responsible for performing and providing in-depth analysis of reconciliations. You will utilize a strong understanding of the reconciliation process to leverage tools for identification of breaks, review and analyse reconciliations produced for partner teams, and support on assignment of tasks for day-to-day operations.
- Serves as team superviser/manager for the day-to-day operations of a medium to large-sized Reconcilation support team, overseeing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
- Manages the daily activities of a Reconciliation support team and aligns team resources accordingly to complete the daily tasks. Oversees review of data and issue escalations. Serves as first line supervisor for assignment of tasks and resolution of issues.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards, and is properly reviewed and documented. Responsible for monitoring the resolution of complex break reports. Manages escalation of issues.
- Provides oversight of daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting. Coordinates initial regulatory reports.
- Is responsible for leading the testing of new technology solutions or enhancements, ensuring that reconciliation processes remain intact.
- Participates in the recruiting process; instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of team; prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback to staff
- Supervises/manages a medium to large-sized team of Reconciliation Support staff. May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- High School/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of total work experience preferred; experience in brokerage/banking operations preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)