BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Scope of the Role:
The AML / KYC Account Manager has responsibility for acting as end-to-end process owner for preparation/completion of customer AML/KYC profiles of all risk ratings and entity types for New Business and Periodic Reviews, working closely with the business lines to ensure timely completion.
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with “Know Your Customer" (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations. One of the most important aspects of KYC is the understanding of the client, their business and the services we are offering to them to ensure they are consistent. The AML/ KYC Team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank policy.
- Will participate and play a key role in global KYC/AML regulatory projects,
- Responsible for end to end KYC period review process of assigned line of business
- Performing quality assurance (QA) checks to ensure quality of work is high
- Keeping all SLA’s green
- Performing due diligence searches on clients, their owners and managers
- The AML/KYC Manager conducts due diligence on all client s regardless of AML risk rating and complexity, and do so independently.
- Maintain client s know your customer (KYC) files as assigned.
- Ensure all information on profile is complete and accurate.
- Perform due diligence on the client, its owners/managers with Relationship Managers
- Updating the KYC database as necessary throughout the due diligence process to ensure records are up to date.
- Advise RMs on the KYC policy.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required, 7 plus years of total work experience preferred
- Understanding of AML KYC principals are preferred
- The candidate is required to have a thorough understanding of Financial Services
- Ability to communicate with senior stake holders, to partner with stakeholders of various levels and across all divisions
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation
- Be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative, flexible approach to problem solving
- Outstanding people and Interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a global team environment
- Able to work independently and autonomously, manage multiple work streams, and have an eye for detail
- Must possess strong analytical, financial, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders
- English fluency required
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)