For our Client, international production company from the automotive sector, we are looking for candidates interested in taking the position of Senior Cost Engineer / Estimator. The headquarters are located in Gliwice and Mielec, there is possibility to work remotely, this position is associated with up to 35% business trips.
Senior Cost Engineer/Estimator
- lead and build procurement cost calculation in the region and serves as Center of Excellence for procurement and key process partners,
- create and implement new model of the procurement cost calculation within the organization,
- lead the development of cost estimation practice, continuous improvement efforts, and integration of the estimation processes and systems in company’s IT landscape,
- create, develop and maintain own or third party cost models. Use cost models, cost databases, and related DFA/M software for cost calculation and estimation,
- lead Cost Workshops at supplier locations around Europe (and Asia) identifying and exploiting cost reduction potential,
- drive continuous improvement of the Cost Estimation Practice, Estimation Methodologies, related processes, and systems,
- correlate calculated cost with sourced cost supporting best cost and cost optimization initiatives,
- identify labor, material, process, and time requirements by studying product characteristics, drawings, manufacturing and assembly processes, specifications, and related documents,
- prepare cost calculation, estimated manufacturing, and product cost on basis of cost models by analyzing cost factors, elements, and rates such as labor and material requirements, time, process and capital needs,
- prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing cost information and trends related to market, industry, process, or material. Present and discuss cost information with stakeholders,
- maintain knowledge by reviewing technical publications and attending educational workshops, site and supplier visits.
- minimum of 3 years of working experience in cost estimation and cost analytics in a ‘state of the art’ procurement organization of an industrial company,
- university degree or higher, with major in mechanical engineering or business administration with technical background would be a great plus,
- an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of procurement, commodity management, and cost structures in relevant commodities such as metal and turned parts, cold-formed parts, sheet metal, tubes, and plastics would be a great plus,
- professional background in facilitating and leading cost analysis workshops on supplier site with target to reduce cost,
- strong market knowledge of procurement markets, relevant production processes, and related cost structures,
- practical application of process improvement, cost estimation and lean tools and methods,
- innovative and solution minded, integrity, seniority, and standing in front of suppliers and internal stakeholders,
- very strong analytical thinking with great project-management skills,
- excellent communication and presentation skills,
- advanced knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- extensive social package,
- private medical care,
- group insurance,
- co-financing of the Multisport card,
- co-financing of the employee canteen,
- opportunity for professional development through training and courses.