Aon Sp. z o.o.
The ACIA team is looking to hire a Data Architect to support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the ACIA’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Architecture team within Data Services.
Data Engineers or Technical Analysts interested in Data Architecture will be considered.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Collaborate with various teams to produce data architecture assessments for new initiatives in pre-development phase
- Work with Data Engineering and in collaboration with Aon’s business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance ACIA’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Produce designs and models including data flow diagrams and conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Suggest and implement master data solutions to support our products
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and design solutions accordingly
- Contribute to the solution design on technologies and the overall flow of data
- Create and oversee standards for all data pipelines in the centre
- Contribute to our framework which is used to standardize data flows
- Oversee projects from a data flow perspective, suggesting best practices and standards
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as a key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as an ETL/DWH team member developing and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses
- Experience in design, development, and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures, and enterprise-scale BI solutions
- Experience with enterprise-scale ETL solutions such as SSIS, IBM DataStage
- Experience designing/developing data solutions on AWS (AWS Glue, Spectrum, Redshift, RDS, EMR, S3)
- Advanced RDBMS experience particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy, etc.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies e.g. Databricks and Snowflake
- Experience in defining data governance processes and building a data dictionary platform
- Programming experience; in particular with Python, Scala or Spark advantageous
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
- Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview etc.
- Knowledge of data architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is desirable
- Client focused with effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Team player who can also work independently and think creatively
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder
- Problem solver
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.