For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of Investment Services and Investment Management and our businesses support a full range of stakeholders of the financial system, including: Serving as custodian of over $31 trillion in financial assets for the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets) Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets) Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
Trust & Depository team in Wroclaw is part of the wider EMEA Asset Servicing Technology group and it is focused primarily on delivering and maintaining IT solutions that simplify and smoothen the depository oversight process. In particular, this involves working on a system that help the operation teams in making sure that all the transactions being serviced within EMEA are compliant with rigorous financial markets regulatory requirements.
- The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platform
- All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
- We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
- The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
- Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
Tech Stack and Tooling
- Java (1.8)
- Spring Integration
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
- Micro Frontends (Nx.dev)
- Angular (8 is the oldest one)
- RxJS, NgRX
- Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Jenkins, Sonar
- GitLab CI\CD integration
- Unit Tests and E2E code coverage
- Code, components and modules, where it is possible, re-used.
- Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence
- Methodology: Scrum & Kanban
- Passionate Java developer with strong people and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving her/his comfort zones and thinking creatively
- Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineer who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
- Strong technologist with a preference towards developing her/his technical skills in cloud- and microservices-oriented architectures
- 5+ years developing in Java
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
- Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
- A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
- No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.