BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
At BNY Mellon, compliance is everyone's responsibility. Accordingly, compliance and ethical standards are core components of all business functions, and are fundamental to the culture and values of the company. All decisions and actions on behalf of the company must adhere to the highest standards of integrity.
The Senior Representative is responsible for the timely Advising, Issuance, and/or Verification of Letters of Credit, Amendments, examination of documents presented, and the processing of payments. Review and process incoming Letters of Credit and Amendments for conformity to the applicable standard banking practices and Bank of New York Mellon Operating Procedures using the Global Trade System (GTS). Examine documents presented in a timely manner in accordance to the applicable standard banking practices and Bank of New York Mellon Operating Procedures while utilizing specific Departmental guidelines. Resolve any inconsistencies with the appropriate parties. Ensure the timely processing and follow-up of all assigned work in order of priority as set by Departmental guidelines. Maintain professional communication with relevant parties. Process payments associated with Letters of Credit. Escalate potential problems or unusual transactions to Production Coordinator. Obtain dollar limits associated with first, second and third documentary examination processing as per limits approval guidelines. Verify Letters of Credits and Amendments. Team will also be supporting documentary collections process, covering receipt of import documents presented under URC522, processing of documents and notification to the importer, acceptance of time tenor drafts, payments to Remitting banks, and dispatch of documents according to importer’s instructions. Additionally performing some administrative duties acting as back up for Production Coordinator. Good working knowledge of all Trade Services products. Complete daily production sheets. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 15:00 – 23:00
- bachelor’s degree or related business experience
- strong communication skills (Oral/Written)
- good analytical and organizational skills
- excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- ability to work extremely well under pressure to meet deadlines
- knowledge of basic principles of accounting, (understanding of debits and credits)
- must possess an attention to detail and be able to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- experience in establishing and working with procedures
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Internet, email
- City Center locations
- 15% night shift allowance
- challenging, multicultural and supportive working environment
- stable career with high growth opportunities in a Company that is widely recognized globally
- opportunities to engage in diverse projects and project migrations
- paid training of Global Trade concepts as well as of the UCP 600, the ISBP and other ICC documents that govern trade transactions.
- highly competitive benefits package including private medical coverage and group life insurance
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.