BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Technology Services Group (TSG) keeps BNY Mellon's technology running and defines and executes the firm’s technology strategy, positioning us for tomorrow. From the computers and collaboration tools of our employees to modernized infrastructure platforms and core services, we ensure that the firm’s systems are running optimally while enabling business innovation and productivity. We also oversee BNY Mellon’s architecture and data, guiding the firm through technology changes necessary to execute business strategies.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Automation drives all aspects of software development and reliability engineering for Eagle ACCESS services, as well as engineering for automation and telemetry to reduce risk and improve resiliency within the data centres.
This team will collaborate with the Cloud Engineering DevOps team to build the next generation deployment and operational model for the Eagle application, and leverage the investments made in the new Client Portal platform to offer new Premium Services, build and integrate with new products, and ensure Global Support Services and other departments can provide the highest levels of service to our clients. The Eagle Access Cloud Management Platform (CMP) team manages the automation platform that is used to create and manage the entire lifecycle of Eagle client application deployments. The team also manages and owns several pieces of infrastructure, including Hashicorp Vault, Kubernetes clusters, and JFrog Artifactory.
Our team is looking for a senior Cloud Automation Engineer with hands on Ansible development experience – the candidate will have deployed and worked operationally with virtualized infrastructure in Azure, AWS, GCP or OCI. As a Principal Full Stack Ansible Developer in our SRE Cloud Management Platform Team, you will be responsible for developing new and maintaining existing automation that spans our core infrastructure stack – networking, storage, compute, and database. You will work across the full platform stack (web/mobile front-end, server-side, scripting, and database systems) and leverage APIs to automate different aspects of processes or application. You will leverage Ansible, Python, AWX/Tower, and shell scripting tools to implement automation solutions.
As a member of the CMP Team you will be expected to:
- Develop and maintain existing code
- Attend daily scrum meetings to coordinate with team members
- Collaborate with other teams for service support and generation of requirements and where we have code and service integrations.
- Minimum 2 years of experience Ansible & Python development programming
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience programming in Bash/Linux or PowerShell/Windows
- Automation development experience via Infrastructure as Code
- Fluent with source code management tools like GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket
- Hands on systems administration or Dev Ops experience configuring systems
- 6-10 years of experience in related roles
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.