For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Alternative Investment Servicing (AIS) Operations consist of variety of teams servicing functional areas such as Middle Office, Cash Processing and Documents Management. Teams assist the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration, follows procedures to complete day-to-day tasks.
The Middle Office team manages the entire process from trade entry through to settlement, ensuring that all trades are matched, settled and reconciled in a timely and efficient manner. Middle Office core sub-functions are Cash Management, Reconciliation, Client Reporting, Reference Data and Derivatives.
General working hours: 8:00 – 19:00 with weekly shifts.
As our team supports processes for clients across the globe, our working hours may vary and we appreciate your flexibility.
As “Middle Office Senior Representative” you will be assigned to a specific function or set of clients along with other team members to service AIS clients within the operational processes. You will be responsible for ensuring a strong control environment within cash operations as well as for maintaining proper communication flow with other parties.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- New security, funds and account setups and maintenance across different platforms.
- Matching of trades booked by client against executing brokers trade confirmations.
- Agreeing settlement details with counterparts.
- Processing cash instructions with SSIs (Standard Settlement Instructions) validation.
- Perform cash, trades and position reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Researching and resolving breaks between clients and brokers data.
- Researching and resolving complex operational or client issues. Assists in identifying trends in client issues and proposing solutions.
- Checking the work of less experienced staff and providing guidance to them when required.
- Providing status updates on problem resolution and outstanding issues to other teams. Directing inquiries to the appropriate resources at BNY Mellon.
- Assisting with process improvement by contributing ideas to improve team efficiency.
- Responsibility for the quality and completion of own work. Helps to develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Previous experience in Financial Services preferred (2-3 years)
- Advanced knowledge in capital markets and financial instruments (equities, fixed income, money market & derivatives)
- Strong PC skills (including Microsoft® Excel, Word, etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Ability to withstand work pressure and deliver with speed and accuracy
- Critical thinking skills, ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility towards tasks assigned, job timing and scope of responsibility. Confidence in making decisions of slight to moderate financial impact
- Experience in spoken/written client communication
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.