ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNYM seeks a Specialist Investigator to join its team of investigative professionals. The Specialist conducts complex investigations involving potential instances of money laundering, terrorist financing and financial fraud. The Specialist will assist in researching potentially concerning activity involving BNY Mellon.
Key responsibilities include:
- analyzing transaction data;
- conducting comprehensive investigations of potentially concerning activity;
- recommending whether further actions are required;
- drafting timely, error-free and well-written research documents; and
- ensuring a comprehensive and well-organized case file.
Strong and consistent attention to detail along with an ability to work efficiently and handle tight deadlines are critical skills for this demanding role. This team member must also effectively communicate and develop relationships with senior colleagues and collaborate with them on investigations. The team member will be expected to apply a foundational understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT Act and apply it to all investigations and reviews.
With minimal guidance, contributes to the compliance efforts of the assigned business units. Helps to bring the business units into compliance with standard regulatory and policy requirements. Helps the business units respond to and develop compliance reporting, as directed. Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements and develop documentation when control changes are made. As directed, analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to ensure the assigned business is in compliance with current requirements. Contributes to projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment. Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Reviews the appropriateness of control processes and may help guide the assigned business units in implementing improvements. Continues to build working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and business unit managers in order to facilitate the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities. With minimal guidance, contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses. Continues to gain experience preparing risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps. Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to more experienced professionals.
- Bachelor‘s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Business or Finance degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.