ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The Platform and Data Analytics team leads the design and implementation of data analysis solutions to enable continuous and forward-looking risk management capabilities, executing proactive and effective risk management, and enabling risk intelligent strategic decision making. This role will assist with developing and delivering strategic data analytics platform, leading user training and support to drive adoption and impact across risk management.
- Be an ambassador of data analytics, assist with developing and delivering strategic analytics platform, train, and support users in adopting analytics dashboards/ tools
- Business analysis which involves understanding user requirements, business use cases and working with Power BI developers in developing analytics dashboards
- Analyse non-financial risk data to digest user requirements/metrics and come up with proposals for implementation in dashboards
- Work with users to develop adoption use cases and provide ongoing support
- Produce training materials through ppt, videos/audios, in-tool tips or other technologies
- Organise training sessions and address user questions
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Operational Risk concepts and associated risk tools and data, e.g. risk events, controls, RCSAs and KRIs.
- Good understanding of how data and analytics can be used to support risk management activities such as risk identification. measurement and mitigation
- Relevant experience/certification in data technologies, data analytics and visualisation or familiarity with dashboard tools such as PowerBI would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn and assimilate new information quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders to understand requirements, provide training and ongoing support
- Able to develop and establish collaborative working relationships with colleagues across technology and risk and all levels of the organization
- Degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics or economics would be a plus.
- Minimum 3-4 years of total work experience
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.