BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
For this position, we are seeking a mid-level Software Engineer to join our Scrum teams and focus on creating solutions that are cloud hybrid, advance our technology stack, and drives future product growth. You will be part of an Agile Scrum team that believes in delivering the highest quality features as a team, frequently supporting each other to “get to done.”
- Experienced developer in Java
- Provide high quality contributions to the code base, with a mind to best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
- Work to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various trade-offs including speed to delivery vs. ongoing maintainability and others.
- Collaborate well with product owners, cross functional teams and our operations organization.
- Comfortable with API interfaces such as REST and SOAP
- Experience with common micro service architectures, tools and frameworks
- Investment industry knowledge is a plus
- Enjoy working in a continuous integration environment where quality starts at inception, using industry standard approaches and technologies.
- Experienced developer in Java,
- 3+ years of professional work experience in related field
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Public Cloud experience (preferably Azure)
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Our team only develops on MacBook Professional laptops
- Employee Referral Program
- Access to technical learning/training for career growth
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.