Fund/Client Accounting - S5 (Supervisory)
- Supervises/manages the day-to-day operations of a small- to medium-sized fund accounting support team.
- Sets work priorities and allocates resources according to client and fund accounting functional needs.Manages the daily accounting and net asset value (NAV) production workflow to service multiple funds.
- Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Supervises the tracking of fund data and maintenance of accounting records.
- Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team.
- Sets standards for team's report output to be shared with accounting teams.
- Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams.
- Maintains relationships with client staff.
- Ensures clients receive needed information in a timely manner and that all accounting support needs are met.Identifies and implements process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
- Supervises a small Fund/Client Accounting team.
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Helps develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- experience in accounting support preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.