ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
You will take on responsibility for delivering timely and thorough compliance testing reports as detailed in the annual testing program covering all Investment services business functions. You will support the UK Head of Compliance Testing in assessing the current/emerging risks concerning the local business to enable determination of the structure and composition of the annual testing programme.
This is achieved primarily through the following:
- Conducting thematic compliance testing reviews in line with the global methodology and ensuring evidence is retained of such.
- Liaising with the business and Senior Management in respect to ongoing monitoring and management of open compliance actions as a result of thematic testing.
- Providing timely and accurate Management Information where relevant to internal stakeholders
- Representing BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/ forums.
- Participation in Risk/Committee or Client Meetings and represent BNY Mellon externally as required.
In addition, you should be prepared to assist as required in the following activities:
- Pro-actively represent Compliance in any business change activity and projects, ensuring that they are assessed from a regulatory perspective.
- Working with local business management to ensure compliance with general compliance matters, advise on upstream risk and act as a liaison between those areas and local regulatory authorities.
- Assessment, communication and implementation of regulatory change to include responses to industry papers.
The role may require input across other BNY Mellon operations where business is outsourced. Therefore, the jobholder should be prepared to travel.
- Ensure that all compliance testing is completed in accordance with the annual testing program on time and to a high standard in line with the global compliance testing methodology.
- Ensure that all findings identified within an allocated review are accurately recorded on Craft and that proactive actions are taken to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues raised.
- Proactively chase outstanding and overdue issues and reflect updates on Craft in line with the requirements of the global methodology.
- Represent Compliance at internal meetings and Committees where required.
- Represent Compliance on external committees, working groups, and trade body seminars if required to do so.
- Represent Compliance at client meetings where required to provide updates in respect to testing.
- Training and supporting other members of the team.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon.
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and EMEA Head of Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Complete all mandatory training and ensure any external training undertaken has been recorded in the training system (Saba) and obtain or maintain all qualifications that may be required in order for you to perform your role.
- Must comply with the FCA and PRA Conduct Rules.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Degree educated or a strong academic/professional work record with particular preference for Compliance and/or Legal, Audit, Risk background.
- A compliance qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in the UK Financial Sector, preferably with a background in Compliance Testing or Internal Audit.
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel and Word essential – PowerPoint useful).
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and apply outcome-focused regulation and have a sound risk awareness whilst maintaining an awareness of commercial pressures on the firm.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.