Non Standard Reconciliations team function is to ensure non-standard asset class reconciliations have been completed accurately and Non Standard Asset life cycle event accounting has been posted correctly to the funds in accordance with deadlines and frequencies agreed with Recipient’s Valuations production team. The scope of instruments serviced by the team includes, but is not limited to Futures, Options, FX Forwards, Collateral, Investment Advisor recons, Bank Loans, Fund of Funds and Reclaims
This role involves organising the workflow, training and development and management of a team and supporting the Global Fund Accounting Support Services Team. The role requires the daily management of all projects and resource planning.
The Manager understands the processes, controls, procedures and systems operating within the team and will be proficient in carrying out designated functions and performs duties to a high standard, ensuring accurate and timely services to other teams and clients.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely services to all internal and external parties. Monitor daily processes ensuring appropriate levels of review and control.
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining a robust control environment for the function while managing risk.
- Ensure each team member understands and follows the relevant processes, controls, procedures and systems operating within their area.
- Encourage and motivate staff to be pro-active in reporting and addressing operational issues. Ensure team members are aware of salient issues and they escalate where appropriate.
- Act as a point of escalation for break analysis and research and investigation of high impacting or complex issues as they occur.
- Manage deliverables and operations Team across multiple clients, timezones and different fund accounting operational processes.
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with clients and other external parties including auditors, regulators
- Manage the on-boarding of new business into the Team including ensuring adequate staffing in place and conversion onto the relevant applications/systems
- Act as a lead for the NSR Function globally, driving change and implementing standard operating model across all locations
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong numeracy understanding and attention to detail
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Good Communication skills – both written & verbal
- Proven Organisation & Time Management skills and an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Conscientious in approach and able to work proactively
- Experienced in use of Xceptor, GRX and TLM applications
- In-depth understanding of the financial products being reconciled and in scope for the Team
- Experience in managing staff and large teams
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.