Fund Reporting - M4
- Directs a Fund Reporting area consisting of multiple teams that are responsible for preparing and reviewing financial reports on behalf of assigned clients and funds.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives.
- Executes business plans and contributes to the development of functional strategy.
- Provides oversight and guidance in setting the processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Resolves the most complex escalated issues from team members.
- Oversees relationships with senior-level auditors and large and complex clients to ensure financial reporting meets their expectations and accurately depicts fund performance.
- Ensures financial reporting meets Corporate and any applicable regulatory standards.
- Leads analysis of changes in accounting and disclosure standards to set new policies needed to ensure compliance.
- Leads presentation of fund reports to Board of Directors to ensure good governance.
- Communicates complex, difficult or controversial concepts.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages a large Fund Reporting area.
- Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals of a large financial reporting area, talent management and supervision of teams.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 10-15 years of total work experience with at least 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in accounting and/or finance preferred..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.