ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Risk Architecture has grown rapidly and today it represents a highly motivated and engaged team of skilled professionals with expertise in financial industry practices, reporting, analytics, and regulation. The team works closely with various groups across BNY Mellon to support the firm’s Capital Adequacy, Counterparty Credit as well as Enterprise Risk modelling and data analytics. The resources within BNY Mellon Risk Architecture are working towards supporting other innovative, data-driven solutions for the wider firm as a part of their strategic objectives for 2022 and into the future. The data team within Risk Architecture designs and develops data-driven solutions aimed at strengthening the control framework around our risk metrics and reporting. Data Management & Quantitative Analysis Specialist supporting end to end process of reconciliation of starting data and inputs from other teams (treasury, model risk, credit risk), calculation of the losses (reserves and provisions) to the credit portfolio and reporting those to Senior Leaders.
- Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data.
- Provides analytical project management support for assigned area.
- With minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Uses technology tools to conduct analyses; applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
- Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed manually.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in finance / risk / data analysis.
- Analytical background in a financial sector. Prior experience in quantitative finance or technology preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyses legal documents on moderately complex financial structure.
- Knowledge and experience in Structured Credit or Fixed Income products.
- The knowledge of SQL or an advanced reporting or modelling platform.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and formulate new, innovative solutions in order to provide custom client reporting.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.