Data Operations Engineer (with SQL/SSIS)
Aon Sp. z o.o.
If you enjoy resolving the issues, like to track bugs in the code, SQL is your native language and you wish to join a great team, it’s a position for you.
We closely work with ETLs, Airflow DAGs and Snowflake will be our new tool to improve processing data.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- deliver on-going support of robust, scalable enterprise data warehouse systems and operate routine ETL and associated data movement technologies in support of refresh and analytics workloads.
- take responsibility for successfully troubleshooting production issues in accordance with ITIL best practices for incident and problem management.
- prepare and deploy bug-fixes for production data warehouse issues, liaising with development teams to provide technical and functional knowledge.
- take responsibility for quality and ongoing health of the data warehouse applications, proactively conducting root cause analysis to identify and understand foundational data quality issues and present potential solutions.
- maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation, propose and implement process analysis & other improvement initiatives.
- participate in code release and change management activities, ensuring the successful updating of code and data in enterprise data warehouse systems.
- contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models, write SQL and ETL code, and ensure the thorough technical and functional testing of developed warehouse applications.
- manage a ServiceNow support queue, proactively address task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum or Kanban methodology.
- support Enhancement to existing data pipelines to improve effeciency and automation
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with SQL Server and development SSIS packages
- In-depth technical understanding of data warehouse designs and concepts.
- Experienced in troubleshooting database and server performance, integrity, connectivity and security related issues.
- Experienced in IT Service Management techniques.
- Experienced in preparing change, release, and policy documentation.
- Proficient in business communication – both written and verbal.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to achieving business outcomes.
- Understanding of industry data privacy concerns, practices and control systems
Nice to have:
1-2 years python experience, Teamcity/Jenkins, Octopus, Databricks, Snowflake, experience with cloud eg. AWS
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.