ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The role will supporting the Corporate Operational Risk Management Governance team that is responsible for generating enterprise level Operational Risk analysis for BNY Mellon overall. This involves integrating inputs from the businesses and other assessment teams including Compliance, Finance, Audit, and regulatory feedback in a manner that will help Executive Management, the Board, regulators, and the broader community understand the enterprise operational risk portfolio to inform strategic decision making. Additionally, this role uses knowledge of standard risks to appropriately provide oversight and governance to the first line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business's risk exposure.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Create and analyze senior management reporting and ensure adherence to governance standards and identify common themes.
- Escalates issues to Corporate Operational Risk management and business unit leadership when risk exposure is deemed to be increasing.
- Independently advises on the completion of reporting on operational risk management for the business line CRO on the identification, management and mitigation of operational risks that may arise from the inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events.
- All reporting complies with the established Corporate Operational Risk Management framework.
- Implement integrated solutions for Operational Risk updates and regulatory remediation.
- Collaborate with other specialist functions to achieve Operational Risk objectives and produce deliverables.
- Contribute to efforts to develop a strong operational risk culture and further develop the function's effectiveness as a second line of defense.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in operational or enterprise risk management concepts, framework, methods and good governance practices.
- Ability to analyze information and requirements to determine optimal ways to present that data in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex problems and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills interacting with staff, peers, and senior management with the capability to modify communication style as needed to a varied audience (e.g. explaining technical issues to non-technical colleagues).
- Team-oriented individual that can lead by example.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.