TÜV Rheinland is a leading global independent testing service provider with 150 years of experience and more than 20000 employees all around the world. The independent experts stand for the quality and safety of people, technology, and the environment in nearly every sphere of personal activity as well as train people in a broad range of fields and industries.
TÜV Rheinland Polska has been present on the Polish market for 25 years. In 2018 a new chapter has started: TÜV Rheinland Europe Regional Shared Services Centre has opened in Katowice. At TÜV Rheinland RSSC we strive for excellence in everything we do. We have a passion for what we do. And we love what we do. Join the young and dynamically growing team of professionals. Join the company with long lasting tradition, firm values and a courage and vision for the future.
General Ledger Accountant with German
In this position you will be responsible for various operational F&A activities within General Ledger area in our Regional Shared Services Center’s office in Katowice.
WHAT TASKS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Be an integral part of the accounting team and in regular contact with local finance, controlling and the Group Accounting Team based in Germany
- Preparing statutory financial statements and data for IFRS reporting package
- Support all aspects of the monthly/quarterly/annual closing process
- Preparing and posting journal entries in SAP
- Evaluate and perform various accounting transactions (I.e. IFRS 16)
- Monitoring GL accounts and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile and maintain fixed asset main and sub-ledger accounts
- Perform Fixed Assets related transactions (additions, disposals, scrapping, write-offs, transfers.)
- Arrange and coordinate regular fixed asset counts with local units
- Reconcile Intercompany transactions
- Update and reconcile cash flow data
- Liaising with external and internal auditors
- Execute internal controls and ensure compliance with the Internal Controls Framework
- Be an active member of one of four process groups, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Internal Controls and Audit Handling, Reporting and Reconciliations
- Accurately and timely perform all activities, according to the guidelines received from the Team Leader and/or Chief Accountant
- Active participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Creating and/or updating process documentation: desktop procedures and process maps
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Very good command of German and English (both verbal and written)
- University/ College Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in similar position, ideally in an international SSC or BPO environment
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with process documentation will be an asset
- Very good communication skills, customer focus and ability to work in the team
- SAP and MS Office knowledge
WHAT CAN WE OFFER TO YOU?
- Stable job based on an employment contract
- Annual bonus
- Work in a friendly, diverse and high qualified team with positive and cooperative working atmosphere
- International environment and daily usage of foreign languages
- Real development opportunities
- A package of benefits: private medical care, Accident Insurance, sports card, gift vouchers for special occasions, additional compensations from the Company Social Benefits Fund based on the internal policies
- Comfortable working space in a modern office in Katowice
- Flexible working hours and home office
If you want to join our team and take part in the recruitment process, please apply and send you CV. We are looking forward to working with you!