Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Tax Transparent Fund centre of excellence (TTF COE) has been established to support the growth of BNYM’s TTF operations as well as supporting the ongoing development of the Tax Transparent Fund Engine. This is a complex product with complex Fund Accounting, Tax, Financial Reporting, and regulatory requirements. The Assistant Manager will support the management and execution of the day-to-day activities of the TTF team and will work closely with the Team Manager to develop the TTF operation and ensure a quality service is delivered by the TTF team. In addition to supporting the ongoing development of the TTFE engine, the Assistant manager is required to support the on-boarding of new TTF business and the ongoing servicing of that business. He/she is responsible for the scheduling of User Acceptance Testing, designing and managing operational flows, and ensuring that the necessary controls are in place to provide a high standard of service to our TTF clients.
Supporting Ongoing Development of TTF Engine:
- Develop deep understanding of TTF requirements including Fund Accounting, Tax reporting, Financial reporting and other complex calculation and reporting requirements
- Execute User Acceptance testing of TTFE functionality ensuring high quality testing is completed including stress tests and complex scenario tests
- Ensure enhancements to TTFE engine meet client and operational team requirements
- Ensure UAT procedures are in place and are followed by the UAT team. Ensure appropriate records are maintained to meet audit requirements
- Build strong working relationships with developers, subject matter experts and other key players in the TTFE development project
- Provide senior stakeholders and management with appropriate updates, metrics and data to assist with decision making, scheduling, prioritisation and status reporting
- Review work of more junior colleagues and assist them with the research and resolution of functional defects
- Support team in a hands-on manner to ensure team deliverables are met. Remain close to detail, and ensure high quality solution is delivered
- At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Services required, preferably in multinational organisation. Experience in Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax Accounting would be an advantage
- Deep technical Fund Accounting knowledge, ideally with a strong understanding of the Invest One Enterprise platform
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on projects in a team environment as well as supporting daily client deliverables
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to step in to support colleagues with management, supervision or execution of tasks as required
- Ability to collate, interpret and present relevant metrics to TTF management team
- Strong organisational, inter-personal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead subordinates and develop/mentor staff
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm, and a willingness to make an ongoing positive contribution to the team
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing need
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.