Reconciliation Team manages the entire reconcilement process for the AIS Fund Accounting Teams by ensuring all general ledger and broker accounts' are matched and all breaks are identified.
Reconciliation team day-to-day responsibilities are:
- Preparing cash, custody & total equity reconciliation for existing Clients;
- Monitoring of Clients' portfolios to identify new activity;
- Obtaining reporting for reconciliation processes;
- Launching new funds into reconciliation purposes.
The Team works on multiple systems and various PB portals.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Serving as team supervisor for the day-to-day operations of a medium sized Reconciliation team, reviewing daily tasks of the team.
- Overseeing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
- Managing daily activities of a Reconciliation support team and aligning team resources accordingly to complete the daily tasks.
- Overseeing review of data and issue escalations.
- Serving as first line supervisor for assignment of tasks and resolution of issues.
- Directing and maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Ensuring the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards and is properly reviewed and documented.
- Responsible for monitoring the resolution of complex break reports.
- Managing escalation of issues.
- Providing oversight of daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting.
- Coordinating initial regulatory reports.
- Being responsible for leading the testing of new technology solutions or enhancements, ensuring that reconciliation processes remain intact.
- Checking performance and providing ongoing feedback to staff.
- Supervising/managing a medium team of Reconciliation Support staff.
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Helps develop and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Package.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Technical knowledge how financial instruments works - both listed and unlisted. Instrument types include, but are not limited to, equities, options, contracts for difference (CFD’s), equity swaps, futures, forward contracts, bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps.
- An in-depth technical knowledge of middle office and/or back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial.
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.