BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics, and attribution services to Multinational, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
The team has responsibility for timely and accurate reporting for a range of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing and outsourcing affiliates. Our services include but are not limited to: portfolio manager's performance reports, board packs, historical factsheets as well as custom reporting tailored made as per client’s needs.
As an Analyst within the GRS Department, you will be providing high quality investment reporting to external and internal clients, ensuring output is accurate and delivered within pre-defined deadline. You will be closely cooperating with a range of internal teams, external suppliers as well as BNYM clients.
If you are interested in performance measurement & attribution apply now! Continue your career in the fast-growing financial sector, which not only measures company overall success but also allows investors to make decision process better.
- To provide Investment Performance reports on a daily/monthly/quarterly/annual/ad-hoc basis for GRS clients.
- To take responsibility for the accuracy of all provided data which contain portfolios and benchmarks’ performance measurements (total/security level return, money/time-weighted return, attribution, CTR, etc.).
- To communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders. That includes responding to all queries for performance related matters in a prompt and complete manner and participating in client calls as subject matter experts.
- To engage in global projects and initiatives aiming at implementation of best practices across all Performance Measurement teams.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
- Various performance measurement & attribution methodologies (theoretical knowledge as well as practical application).
- Capital markets, Trade Life Cycle, Fund Accounting, Investment Banking.
- Supporting day-to-day investment performance reporting activities, including fund data setup and client change maintenance.
- Working in a global team to deliver best possible client reporting services (in-house software as well as MS Excel or SQL Developer).
- Generating and providing information to all questions received from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (min. B2 level).
- At least basic understanding of Investment Performance Measurement and/or capital markets and/or investment banking. Knowledge of performance methodologies or principles of attribution will be an asset.
- At least 1 year of work experience in client reporting/investment performance/fund accounting/finance
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven track record of working with comprehensive financial/numerical data. Experience working with large and complex databases and an ability to understand how they function/interact.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilizing advanced functions would be desirable.
- Finance/Economics/Statistics/Math’s/ university degree or any certification related to these fields will be advantageous.
- Flexibility in Hybrid Work Model - the mix of remote and in-office experiences that will enable candidate to perform at their best and achieve all their goals.
- Wide range of complex trainings designed to enable candidate to undertake independent role as a Performance Analyst.
- Opportunity for professional development in Investment Performance (including sponsored certification).
- Exposure to a broad range of investment performance calculations, including various return methodologies, attribution, diversified level of data provision, etc.
- Full time contract of employment.
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program.
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements.
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs.
- Pension scheme.
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme.
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility.
- Diverse and inclusive environment.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Recognition programmes.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.