For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
The Intermediate Representative, Fund/Client Accountant is primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy of data provided to the client, for them to calculate the net asset values (NAVs). Responsibility is also held for the delivery of ad hoc client service deliveries.
Working hours: 9am – 5pm
- Supports operational fund accounting activities including processing transactions, reviewing daily activity, opening new trusts on accounting system
- Preparing back-up used to calculate the fund termination price
- Investigates and corrects cash and security reconciliation items
- Assists with preparation of tax reporting documents
- Escalates issues to senior team members
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work
- No direct reports
- Fluency in English is essential
- Work experience in funds or a similar industry are an asset.
- Nice to have a degree in Finance or related area, but not a must
- High level of accuracy, professionalism, and time management
- Strong communication skills
- PC literacy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.