BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations
Department / Team overview
EB CFO team
The administration role is currently located within the Poland Controllers team of BNY Mellon to support administration of the EB CFO and team. Generally speaking, the EB CFO team is responsible for Treasury, Finance and Tax functions for the BNYM EB legal entities.
This role is within the Shared Service Center of Polish branch. The candidate will primarily support the EB Deputy CEO and CFO in his administrative tasks.
To provide a high level of professional secretarial and administration support to EB CFO and his team. In particular,
- To support departmental requests made by BNYM EB Polish branch Finance Management.
- To ensure that clients (internal and external) are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
To assist in general secretarial/administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Diary management using Outlook.
- Setting up video/webex/conference calls.
- Booking of training, conferences and seminars.
- Travel arrangements, including production of detailed itineraries.
- Preparing and processing expenses.
- Dealing with IT and Facilities as required (procuring equipment, investigating IT issues, new starter setups etc).
- Organisation and storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- Assisting in compiling MI reports.
- Assisting in managing internal know how resources.
To assist in secretarial tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creation of a wide range of documents including contracts, presentations, agreements, reports, proposals, meeting agendas and other documents, using Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Assisting with production of presentation for internal and external use (printing, photocopying, binding and delivery to clients).
- Proof reading and where appropriate commenting on and/or reviewing letters and documents.
- Dealing with routine correspondence (telephone, written, fax, email) and referring to other staff as appropriate.
- Organising and maintaining Finance libraries, know-how, documents and case files.
- Maintaining training and absence records as required.
- Previous experience in performing senior assistant role is preferable.
- Proven administrative, secretarial, document production and PA experience, along with advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience of internal financial and expense management systems and following internal financial and billing processes is desirable
- The successful candidate should be organised, efficient and capable of working to instructions with minimum supervision. In addition to these attributes they must have:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks accordingly.
- Extensive diary management experience, including the ability to proactively manage diary conflicts and short notice diary changes.
- Strong project management skills, supporting effective tracking of tasks through to successful completion.
- Excellent organisational skills in order to support the effective storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems – able to solve challenging problems.
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders both by telephone and face to face, including leveraging influencing skills to achieve role objectives.
- Operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a wider team of assistants both within legal and wider executive/business stakeholders.
- Proactive in building and maintaining strong working relationships that support effective completion of role.
- Seen as ‘approachable’, helpful and discreet.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.