About BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
We are recruiting for a Senior Auditor II to work within our EMEA Internal Audit department on EMEA and Global Business audit projects. The role will report into the Audit Director based in Brussels, working with a team primarily based in the Brussels and Wroclaw locations.
The individual will:
- Lead or perform audit related activities and works as a team member on audit assignments
- Leads risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited
- Draws on extensive experience and/or specialist skills (e.g. advanced operational knowledge, technology, compliance, etc.) to plan and deliver audits.
- The role involves task management and problem solving with little day-to-day oversight
- Ensure testing is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the control environment by identifying existing and emerging risks, along with the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations.
- Complete testing/audits of primarily operational processes
- Identifies meaningful issues and tracks remediation to completion.
- Demonstrates an understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity.
- Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks.
- Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy.
- Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team.
- Thinks beyond past routines about new issues or risks.
- Applies a deep understanding of core and advanced concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes and leverage them to solve difficult problems and create innovative solutions.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and clients.
- Able to clearly explain the audit process to clients (if appropriate), as well as any findings or results.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in Audit or the relevant speciality area preferred.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.