IT Project manager
With over 50 000 employees in more than 120 countries, Aon is a global provider of a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our advanced analytics, advice, and solutions give our clients the clarity and confidence to make better decisions to protect and grow their business. As a firm, Aon is committed to creating a work environment where every colleague feels safe and comfortable being their authentic self, experiences a sense of belonging, is empowered to reach their full professional potential and is valued for the unique perspectives and talents they bring.
We are looking to hire a motivated, proactive IT Project Manager to join our EMEA IT Project and Portfolio Management team, where we aim at delivering exceptional results in supporting Business Technology and responding to IT Infrastructure needs across the EMEA region and globally.
As IT Project Manager you will become a member of fantastic team of 14 colleagues: PMs, Senior PMs, Program Managers working across multiple business lines and countries. You will make a difference in the delivery of key IT initiatives across the region in the fields of: Life Cycle Management, Cloud Capabilities, Network Transformation, End User Computing, Compliance and DR, Data Centre Technology Refresh. You will be responsible for overall project management activities in small to medium sized projects or portions of large projects with low to medium complexity and scope. Ideal candidate will ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meeting project success criteria, as well as keep stakeholders informed and engaged.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation as needed
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track project progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support change management process.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study
- Proven working experience in project management – 3 years
- Proven experience in managing different groups of stakeholders successfully.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – English C1
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Would be an asset - Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification or other relevant project management accreditation.
- Would be an asset - experience with project management software tools
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.