The Specialist (Financial Modeling Analyst) will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide modeling programs, dedicated to a specific area of the business. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis. The role will be to execute corporate-wide standards for model development. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying problems that can be solved by the application of financial theory and building models which improve the firm's operations.
The incumbent may work in areas such as Credit Risk Modeling, Treasury Risk Modeling, Counterparty Risk Modeling. He/She is expected to execute corporate-wide standards for model development by developing model theoretical frameworks, collecting data needed, supporting assumptions, and testing and reviewing outcomes. Work will align to the development scope established by more senior colleagues. The incumbent is expected to provide testing and analysis at the request of Model Risk Management; execute models in accordance with approval conditions and communicate results to management. The incumbent will be responsible for performance monitoring of models, identifying possible deterioration by comparing outcomes to established thresholds.
- Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including financial engineering, mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics, economics.
- The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills
- 0-2 years of experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as Python, R, C/C++, C#), as well as database tools such as SQL.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.