Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Shareholder Services team respond to requests and queries from mutual clients which are received via phone, email, or written postal enquiry. Escalate errors as and when appropriate. The team are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that we meet our agreed KPIs with our clients. We are responsible for providing a fast, efficient, accurate service with a limited number of handoffs to ensure the shareholder needs are met and aligned with Client expectations and regulatory requirements.
Manager, Shareholder Services is responsible for:
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation of team members, establishing annual Performance Management Programs (targets and deadlines); taking steps where necessary to address gaps in skills through training and mentoring to ensure peak performance for clients
- Interviewing staff for new/replacement positions, recommending staff for internal promotion and assigning tasks for team members to enhance career opportunities
- Work with teams in various locations both US, EMEA and APAC
- Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operational requirements are being managed and controlled by staff to achieve all the service level agreements and key performance indicators. These tasks include but are not limited to review of investor and trade processing, trade and document reconciliation, cash reconciliations and various investor/client distributions
- A key focus of the role is to ensure client initiatives are delivered and strategic planning and action takes place to ensure the future growth and development of the business.
- Produce reporting for senior management, including standard daily and monthly KPIs.
- Key focus is to ensure team are operating within the defined outsource operating model
- Strong understanding of fund types & structures from an Investor Services perspective - including but not limited to Master Feeders, Limited Partnerships, Share Series, Equalizations, FoHF & UCITs.
- Proven track record in adding value to an Investor Services team - delivering process improvements and effecting change.
- Proven track record in managing risk.
- BS or BA in a business-related field preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in financial services (Transfer Agency experience would be an advantage)
- 2-5 years’ experience managing people
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- High level of accuracy and professionalism
- Fluent in written and spoken English is essential for this role.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.