BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Technology Services Group (TSG) powers BNY Mellon by providing scale, capacity, and capability to deliver the critical technology required to operate the global financial services markets.
TSG is defined by three core values:
- Creative innovators, delivering excellence and simplicity
- Always doing the right thing for the Bank, colleagues, and clients
- Fostering a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment, where we challenge each other to execute as one TSG team
As part of TSG, the Architecture & Engineering team
- Defines enterprise technology and engineering principles and best practices.
- Develops next-generation engineering solutions focused on Resiliency and Innovation.
- Engineers and integrates the critical systems and platforms used across the Bank and with external Clients.
Data Science CoE is a team of analytics professionals supporting analytic efforts from simple descriptive to advanced data science solutions. The team consists of Data Science experts with skills in:
Descriptive, predictive & prescriptive analytics for financial Industry-specific use cases
Machine learning, deep learning, decision optimization, infrastructure and data engineering resources
We partner with LoBs and Clients to solve high impact analytics problems and deliver data platform capabilities. Focusing on promoting analytic capabilities in descriptive, predictive, prescriptive data driven insights.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Work closely with vendor and internal teams, including QA, Care, and Dev teams, to triage, identify root cause, and provide resolution on defects and other issues quickly and efficiently
- Document technical capabilities, capacities, limitations, and interfaces of your Application Program
- Work with Tech Leads and developers of various teams on assessment of existing problems and develop process improvement solutions
- Identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
- Develops, supports, and manages application code, user interfaces, and third-party integration components for Bottom-Line, AWS
- Research, evaluate, develop and deploy new applications. A large degree of autonomy is expected
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up-to-date on new technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems
- Experience in Linux administration, preferably with Red Hat Linux 7 (nice to have 8)
- At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure, software engineering, systems engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with containers and containers orchestration, preferably Kubernetes, Rancher.
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably Python/Bash
- Experience with CI/CD tools, preferably GitLab CI
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or SaltStack
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
Good to have:
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark ecosystem
- Experience managing and developing highly-available and distributed software
- Experience in Linux system performance monitoring and tuning
- GCP/Azure clouds or any modern cloud solution
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.