Tax Reporting and Compliance - IC2
- Performs calculations for internal and/or external clients and completes tax reporting or other regulatory filing requirements to ensure compliance with state and national regulations.
- Coordinates with tax and regulatory authorities.
- Implements client plans for the tax and/or regulatory cycle and ensures deadlines are met.
- Validates data and documentation to complete standard filings and flags data inconsistencies for review.
- Completes filings and reports.
- Determines liabilities, withholdings, and other calculations for internal or external clients.
- Reviews work of more junior colleagues.
- Answers questions from clients regarding tax and/or regulatory calculations and reporting.
- Assists clients in addressing highly complex tax and regulatory questions posed by their investors.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supports moderately complex client accounts.
- Bachelors degree in a business discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Tax reporting and analysis experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.