For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What we do: Team Overview
Our Service Directors are the backbone of our Asset Servicing delivery offering and a clear differentiator in the marketplace.
A Service Director has responsibility for acting as the voice of the client within the Asset Servicing Business, ensuring that BNY Mellon delivers a consistently outstanding client experience across our product range. This is a client and internal-facing role charged with ensuring overall service quality, client satisfaction and a consistent client experience, working hand in hand with the Relationship Manager and global service delivery teams.
The role also looks after multiple client issues at varying levels of complexity, from routine service issue escalation to new product roll outs. The Service Director must balance the dual goals of meeting service delivery commitments, while ensuring that the bank is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of our client’s business, operating model and technology strategy
- Deliver exceptional service aligned to clients needs and expectations across all products and services
- Act as the central point of escalation across all Operations, Technology and service delivery
- Cultivate a deep relationship and appreciation for what drives our clients’ service requirements
- Facilitate communication across our clients’ organization (e.g., industry news, regulatory and BNY Mellon change, product evolution)
- Maintain a culture of continuous service improvement across all products and services
- Monitor service quality, product performance, and overall client experience with a view to proactively anticipate potential issues and opportunities
- Deliver robust operational analytics, insights, and transparency into service performance, leveraging industry leading interfaces
- Guide service evolution based on client requirements and changing operating model
- Drive higher quality client experience and service, operating model improvements, product innovation, and thought leadership based on client feedback and our in-depth service knowledge and expertise
- Provide strategic insight into improvements across service delivery, product, technology, and operations, to create optimal client solutions
- Navigate our technology, product, and operations groups to improve service today, and build better solutions for the future
Experience & Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Build strong, collaborative relationships, both internally and externally with our clients
- Analyse information and apply problem solving skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency, and prioritise effectively
- Communicate clearly and concisely and be able to adapt style depending on audience
- Apply a strong controls focus, and know when to escalate
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and provide guidance to less experienced team members
We are looking for someone with this experience:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10-12 years of total work experience in financial services, or similar industry, is preferred.
- Experience in delivering outstanding client experiences within a client service delivery role and / or a financial services operational area, particularly in Custody and Fund Services, is preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.