Senior Frontend Engineer
Aon Sp. z o.o.
CoverWallet, an Aon company, is the leading digital insurance platform for small and medium-sized businesses. We are dedicated to making insurance simple, fast and convenient so that businesses around the world can get the protection they need and get back to what matters most - growing and managing their business. Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing the $200 billion commercial insurance market for small and medium-sized businesses.
CoverWallet is the easiest way for businesses to understand, buy, and manage insurance online and has been recognized as a CNBC Upstart 100, won the Best Insurtech Solution from the Benzinga Awards and was named “One of the Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
We have built an incredible team of ~ 350 people (60% in New York and 40% between Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla), since January 2021 in Singapore and since December 2021 in Poland. As a part of Aon, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions with 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries, CoverWallet has the mentality and culture of a high-growth startup with the backing and support of a global multinational company.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Front End Engineer with experience working with React.
This is just the start. Hence, you’ll be a key player in defining technology stack, processes, and build our work environment from scratch!
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Frontend based applications development
- Work with Designers and Product Managers to implement design and products interfaces
- Work with Backend Engineers to build and deliver features, on top of RESTful APIs
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Contribute to designing the architecture of our Frontend system
- Address performance issues
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development. Mentor other junior engineers
- Fun at work
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- From static design to Production running code
- Demonstrated UI design and UX sensibilities
- SEO techniques awareness
- Cross-browser compatibility issues knowledge, client-side performance
- AngularJS, React or any other JS libraries are a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with MVC Ruby on Rails web framework or others
- Team player, really motivated with technical challenges
- English speaking and writing skills.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.