About BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
This area of business focuses on preparing and calculating accurate Net Asset Values (NAVs) across all funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures, preparing cash and asset reconciliations, providing services to all clients and ensuring that client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and moderately complex funds including determining net asset values (NAVs), calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.
- Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Liaise with clients, trustees, auditors and other departments on operational and administrative issues to ensure client expectations are met and any queries/concerns/issues are identified, tracked and resolved.
- Monitor activity and departmental processes to ensure adherence to service levels, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Either solid experience in a NAV/ Fund Accounting operational environment; or broader experience in several related business areas including perhaps trade capture, data, reconciliations, custody & treasury ops,
- Team supervision experience
- Ability to work on a self-directed basis, proactiveness
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to uncover solutions and understand root causes
- An effective communicator on all levels
- Communicative English
- High level of accuracy and professionalism
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.