Data Engineer Manager
Recruitment process for this position and onboarding trainings are conducted online.
What do you need to start?
- At least 5+ years of direct experience working in Enterprise Data Platforms technologies.
- Experience in managing data engineering projects and advice clients (previous exposure for client-facing services or consulting practices is a big plus).
- Experience in managing/leading team, previous acting as a lead/point of contact/coordinator.
- Proven problem solver – the ability to come up with unique solutions to unique problems in dynamic environment.
- Ability to translate complex technical aspects into business language
- Communication skills are key in this one as you'll be dealing mainly with clients.
- Broad knowledge of Data Engineering topics (architecture, methods, solutions as well as new trends on the market).
- Knowledge and skills regarding issues related to data analysis and creating analytical models (statistical / data mining / machine learning / data science) / detecting fraud (networks of connections).
- Experience in at least one: SQL/Python/R/Java/.NET.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts allowing advise clients.
- Exposure for at least one cloud environment (Microsoft Azure/AWS/Google Cloud).
- Previous experience or exposure for working in agile environment (ideally Scrum).
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Minimally Viable Product demonstration and ensure the client is satisfied with the overall progress of the project.
- Proficiency in English is a must (other languages: German, French, Spanish… is an asset).
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
What duties will help you grow?
- For the client – act as a single point of responsibility over any delivery related matters, including escalations, upsells, ramp-downs, etc
- Accountable for the technical leadership regarding the delivery. Ensuring a sound and future-proof architecture is planned and the implementation meets the technical quality standards
- Build up delivery plan along with estimations on timeframes, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully deliver projects
- Establish a strategy of continuous delivery risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the delivery life cycle
- Business solutions concept development with applied analytics and data driven products
- Identification of business benefits for the implemented business scenarios
- Identify process inefficiencies and quantify the impact
- Map business goals with data
- Conduct Process Mining and Process Modeling using data-driven, automated, visual tools
- Work with the business to understand data analysis requirements
- Implement process transformation with opportunities identified and prioritized
- Develop, present business case and design, plan and execute transformation programs and improvement initiatives for clients to achieve the goals within agreed timelines
- Design & deliver data models/schemas
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines that create efficient data science & data analyst datamarts, ensuring solutions are optimised for processing of typical queries and reducing repetitive processing
- Develop approaches to democratise and industrialise analytics and data science capabilities
- Identify & implement ways to increase efficiency & improve data reliability through automation on client infrastructure and within organization.
- Based on requirement, make recommendations or lead initiative on how data should be structured in order to deliver optimum user experience at the right speed while minimising platform cost meeting clients demands.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior data engineers, act as a leader and mentor for rest of team/project team
- Report on data quality and recommend ways to increase data cleanliness and improve our cleansing activities
- Recommend methodologies for matching and transforming data
- Recommend improvements in consumer journeys in order to capture and match greater volumes of data
What have we prepared for you?
Space where you can develop yourself:
- Development programs, external courses & conferences, co-funding for certificates, NEXT platform with free access to TED talks, Coursera materials, articles and virtual trainings: MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or ServiceNow.
- You will have possibility to join various technical communities.
- Flexible working hours thanks to a variety of projects. Ask your recruiter about possible options.
Our famous atmosphere:
We don’t have a rigid dress code, but what we do have are awesome communities and world – changing initiatives. There’s always someone happy to start a day with a cup of coffee with you – even virtually! We are a big company with unique atmosphere – we make friendships, share important moments, and… simply like each other!
A lot of benefits:
- Possibility to work in terms of Flexible Work Policy, which include work in a hybrid model, flexible working hours, equipment package and more.
- Well-being package (private medical care, additional life insurance & StayWell helpline).
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Capgemini.
- Inspiro Audiobooks & Nais access.
- Offices in great locations, car leasing program.
Who are we?
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 22 creative studios around the world, it´s 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
We are a rapidly growing team of talented Data Science enthusiasts which have dedicated themselves to building innovative and data-driven products & services for customers across industries. Our aim is to rapidly develop cutting-edge solutions by applying the latest technologies and data science techniques.
Do you have any additional questions about our job offers? Check our Instagram (@capgeminipl) or visit our Facebook profile (Capgemini Polska).