BNY Mellon overview
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology. Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done
The Shareholder Services team respond to requests and queries from mutual clients which are received via phone, email, or written postal enquiry. Escalate errors as and when appropriate. The team are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that we meet our agreed KPIs with our clients. We are responsible for providing a fast, efficient, accurate service with a limited number of handoffs to ensure the shareholder needs are met and aligned with Client expectations and regulatory requirements.
Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Min. 7-10 years of total work experience.
- Min. 1 year in management role preferred.
- Understanding of the ancillary products and services provided to the client base, including: pricing, corporate actions and cash management.
- Understanding of the security types making up the portfolios and how they trade, i.e., equities, fixed income securities, mortgage-backed securities, derivatives.
- Understanding of the transaction flows and the impact of mistakes at each step on the other.
- Understanding of the forms, documentation and other legal requirements to set up accounts.
- Understanding of the risks inherent in specific transactions.
- Understanding of the information flows through the various systems.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.