BNY Mellon overview
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology. Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done
The Shareholder Services team respond to requests and queries from mutual clients which are received via phone, email, or written postal enquiry. Escalate errors as and when appropriate. The team are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that we meet our agreed KPIs with our clients. We are responsible for providing a fast, efficient, accurate service with a limited number of handoffs to ensure the shareholder needs are met and aligned with Client expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Fully understand all of the products accounted for by the derivatives support team, be able to explain the product definition and criteria for accounting.
- Ensure all OTC derivatives have been identified and accounted for & reconciled correctly on the funds at each valuation point, Track and manage the lifecycle of complex derivatives products
- Investigate and clear outstanding cash and asset breaks on a daily basis, escalate any concerns to management in a timely fashion.
- Develop a deeper understanding of all the technical functions and processes within the team.
- Ensure BNY Mellon and client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis.
- Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to the Supervisor/Assistant Manager in a timely fashion.
- Complete team allocation and monitor his/her tasks’ deadlines during the day
- Third level qualification in business related discipline
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Very good level of English
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Communication skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Previous work experience 1-2 years (not essential).
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.