BNY Mellon overview
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology. Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done
The Shareholder Services team respond to requests and queries from mutual clients which are received via phone, email, or written postal enquiry. Escalate errors as and when appropriate. The team are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that we meet our agreed KPIs with our clients. We are responsible for providing a fast, efficient, accurate service with a limited number of handoffs to ensure the shareholder needs are met and aligned with Client expectations and regulatory requirements.
- The Senior Representative is responsible for the timely Advising, Issuance, and/or Verification of Letters of Credit, Amendments, examination of documents presented, and the processing of payments.
- Review and process incoming Letters of Credit and Amendments for conformity to the applicable standard banking practices and Bank of New York Mellon Operating Procedures using the Global Trade System (GTS).
- Examine documents presented in a timely manner in accordance to the applicable standard banking practices and Bank of New York Mellon Operating Procedures while utilizing specific Departmental guidelines.
- Resolve any inconsistencies with the appropriate parties.
- Ensure the timely processing and follow-up of all assigned work in order of priority as set by Departmental guidelines.
- Maintain professional communication with relevant parties.
- Process payments associated with Letters of Credit.
- Escalate potential problems or unusual transactions to Production Coordinator.
- Obtain dollar limits associated with first, second and third documentary examination processing as per limits approval guidelines.
- Verify Letters of Credits and Amendments.
- Team will also be supporting documentary collections process, covering receipt of import documents presented under URC522, processing of documents and notification to the importer, acceptance of time tenor drafts, payments to Remitting banks, and dispatch of documents according to importer’s instructions.
- Additionally performing some administrative duties acting as back up for Production Coordinator. Good working knowledge of all Trade Services products. Complete daily production sheets. Perform other duties as assigned.
- bachelor’s degree or related business experience
- strong communication skills (Oral/Written)
- good analytical and organizational skills
- excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- ability to work extremely well under pressure to meet deadlines
- knowledge of basic principles of accounting, (understanding of debits and credits)
- must possess an attention to detail and be able to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- experience in establishing and working with procedures
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Internet, email
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.